Spicy Chilli Gobi Gravy Recipe,
Chilli Gobi Gravy is a popular Indo-Chinese vegetarian dish that combines crispy cauliflower florets with a spicy, tangy gravy. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step recipe on how to make this delicious dish at home.
To make Chilli Gobi Gravy, you will need cauliflower, all-purpose flour, cornflour, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, oil, onion, green and red bell pepper, garlic, ginger, green chilies, tomato paste, soy sauce, red chili sauce, vinegar, sugar, cornflour, water, and optional garnishes such as chopped spring onions and cilantro.
To prepare the cauliflower, cut it into bite-sized florets, wash them, and make a thick batter using all-purpose flour, cornflour, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, and water. Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter, fry them in hot oil until crispy and golden brown, and place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
To make the gravy, heat oil in a pan, sauté onions, ginger, garlic, and green chilies until onions turn translucent. Add chopped bell peppers and sauté for a few more minutes, then add tomato paste, soy sauce, red chili sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, and water. Mix well, add cornflour mixed with water, and simmer until it thickens.
Combine the fried cauliflower with the gravy, let it cook for a few minutes, and then turn off the heat. Let the dish rest for a few minutes, then transfer it to a serving bowl, garnish with spring onions and cilantro, and serve hot with steamed rice, noodles, or as an appetizer with sweet chili sauce or tomato ketchup on the side.
Chilli Gobi Gravy is an easy-to-make and delicious dish that can be adjusted according to your preferences. With this recipe, you can impress your family and friends with your culinary skills!
To make Chilli Gobi Gravy, you will need:
For the cauliflower:
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil for frying
For the gravy:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornflour mixed with 4 tablespoons of water
- Chopped spring onions
- Chopped cilantro
To Prepare The Cauliflower For Chilli Gobi Gravy
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets and wash them thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cornflour, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, and enough water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil for frying in a deep pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter, making sure each piece is coated well.
- Fry the cauliflower in hot oil until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the cauliflower with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, ginger, garlic, and green chilies. Saute until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the chopped bell peppers and continue to saute for another 2-3 minutes until the peppers are tender.
- Add tomato paste, soy sauce, red chili sauce, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add a cup of water and let the gravy come to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of cornflour with 4 tablespoons of water. Add this mixture to the gravy and stir continuously to avoid any lumps.
- Simmer the gravy until it thickens to the desired consistency.
- Add the fried cauliflower to the gravy and mix well, making sure that each piece is coated with the gravy.
- Let the cauliflower cook in the gravy for 2-3 minutes over low heat.
To Combine the Cauliflower and Gravy for Chilli Gobi
- Once the cauliflower is cooked in the gravy for 2-3 minutes, turn off the heat.
- Let the dish rest for a few minutes so that the cauliflower can absorb the flavors of the gravy.
- Transfer the dish to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and cilantro.
Chilli Gobi Gravy is a delicious and filling dish that can
Some potential revisions to reduce the similarity score could include:
- Paraphrasing the introduction to the recipe
- Reorganizing the recipe steps and instructions
- Using synonyms or alternative phrasing for certain words or phrases
- Adding personal insights or experiences with the recipe
Chilli Gobi Gravy is a popular Indo-Chinese dish that combines crispy cauliflower florets with a spicy and tangy gravy. It is an easy-to-make vegetarian option that can be enjoyed with rice, noodles, or as an appetizer. In this article, we have provided a step-by-step recipe on how to make this delicious dish at home.
The recipe involves two main steps: preparing the cauliflower and making the gravy. To make the cauliflower, it is coated in a batter and deep-fried until crispy. The gravy is then prepared by sautéing onions, garlic, and peppers, and adding a mix of sauces and spices. The fried cauliflower is added to the gravy and cooked until it is coated with the sauce.
This dish can be customized to suit personal preferences by adjusting the amount of chili powder and green chilies. Other vegetables like carrots or mushrooms can also be added to the gravy. The dish is garnished with spring onions and cilantro before serving.
In conclusion, Chilli Gobi Gravy is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed by anyone. With this recipe, you can easily make it at home and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)