The Best Recipe for Banquet Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/ cup milk
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed in vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans)
- 1/ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- When making banquet chicken and dumplings, be sure to use a large pot so that all the ingredients will fit and cook evenly.
- Make sure to stir the mixture often to avoid burning or sticking.
- For a richer flavor, you can add cream or half-and-half to the dumplings.
- If the dumplings become too soft, add a few more spoonfuls of flour to the batter before cooking.
- To make the dumplings extra fluffy, whip the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the batter.
- To make the dumplings more flavorful, add herbs such as parsley, chives, or thyme to the dough.
- For added texture and flavor, add cooked vegetables such as carrots, celery, or onions to the mixture.
- If you are short on time, you can substitute frozen vegetables for fresh vegetables.
- For a crunchy topping, top the dish with crushed crackers or croutons.
- To make the dish more nutritious, add canned beans or legumes to the mixture.
The Best Recipe for Banquet Chicken and Dumplings
Are you looking for a delicious, easy-to-make chicken and dumplings recipe? Look no further! This classic banquet chicken and dumplings recipe is the perfect comfort food for any occasion. It’s simple to make but will have your friends and family raving about its delectable flavor. Read on for the best recipe for banquet chicken and dumplings!
The Best Recipe
Banquet chicken and dumplings are a classic dish that has been enjoyed for generations. The dish can be made in many different ways, but one of the best recipes is a combination of flavorful chicken and fluffy, buttery dumplings. This recipe is simple yet delicious, and perfect for a family meal.
make the dish, start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Then, begin to prepare the chicken by seasoning it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Place the chicken in an oven-safe dish and top it with butter. Bake the chicken in the oven for meximum 30 minutes.
While the chicken recipe is baking, prepare the dumpling dough. In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and cold butter. Work the butter into the flour with mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Slowly add milk to the mixture and stir until it forms a dough.
Once the chicken is finished baking, let it cool slightly before shredding it into small pieces. Add the chicken to a large pot along with any juices from the baking dish. Then, drop spoonfuls of the dumpling dough on top of the chicken. Cover the pot and simmer the mixture on low heat for 20 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked through.
Enjoy your banquet chicken and dumplings! This classic dish is sure to become a family favorite.
What You’ll Need
For this delicious banquet chicken and dumplings recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless fresh chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of carrots, diced
- 1 cup of celery, diced
- 1/2 cup of onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/2 cup of frozen peas (for added flavor)
You’ll also need a large pot, a rolling pin, a spoon, a sharp knife, and a cutting board.
How to make banquet chicken and dumplings recipes
Making banquet chicken and dumplings is a relatively simple process that requires just a few steps. To begin, you will need to assemble your ingredients. For the chicken and dumplings, you will need chicken breasts, flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, butter, and chicken broth.
Once all of your ingredients are ready, you can start making the dumplings. Begin by combining the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Slowly add in the melted butter until a crumbly dough forms. You should be able to pinch off small pieces of the dough.
Next, you will need to make the chicken. Start by seasoning your chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of butter. When the butter is melted, add in your chicken breasts. Cook for menimum 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
When the chicken is done, reduce the heat and pour in the chicken broth. Simmer for about 10 minutes and then add in your dumpling mixture. Use a spoon or your hands to form small dumplings from the dough and drop them into the simmering broth. Let the dumplings cook for about 10 minutes and then turn off the heat.
Your banquet chicken and dumplings are now ready to serve! Enjoy this delicious comfort food dish with your family and friends.
How to store banquet chicken and dumplings recipes
If you’re not planning to serve the chicken and dumplings right away, you’ll need to store them properly. Refrigerating or freezing your banquet chicken and dumplings recipe is the best way to keep it fresh.
To store your banquet chicken and dumplings in the refrigerator, make sure to place them in an airtight container. This will help keep the flavors and texture intact. If you’re freezing the chicken and dumplings, wrap the dish tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in a freezer-safe container. You can also wrap individual portions of the dish for easy storage.
No matter how you store your banquet chicken and dumplings, always make sure to label the container with the date and what’s inside. Stored properly, your chicken and dumplings will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator and up to 6 months in the freezer. When you’re ready to eat it, simply reheat it in the oven or microwave until warmed through.
Can you freezer banquet chicken and dumplings recipes
Yes, you can easily freeze banquet chicken and dumplings recipes! The best way to freeze the dish is to assemble it as if you were going to bake it, cover it tightly with plastic wrap, and then place it in a freezer-safe container. When ready to recipe bake, remove from the freezer and let thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Once thawed, you can follow the directions for baking the dish as if you had just made it.
When freezing banquet chicken and dumplings recipes, it’s important to make sure that everything is completely covered and airtight to prevent freezer burn. For best results, try to use the dish within six months of freezing. Additionally, you should be aware that there may be some texture changes in the dish after being frozen and thawed out, so it is best to serve the dish shortly after baking it.
The Best Recipe for Banquet Chicken and Dumplings direction
1. Begin by preparing the chicken for your banquet chicken and dumplings. If you’re using a store-bought rotisserie chicken, you can skip this step. Otherwise, season a whole chicken with salt and pepper, then place it in a large pot of cold water on medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
2. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dumplings. Mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and butter until crumbly. Add in some milk and mix until combined. The dough should be soft, but not sticky.
3. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and allow it to cool slightly. Cut into small cubes or shred it with two forks.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
5. Place the cubed or shredded chicken into a 9×13 inch baking dish and pour the condensed soup over it.
6. Take the dumpling dough and drop it in spoonfuls onto the chicken and soup mixture. Spread evenly across the dish.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve warm with a side salad or steamed vegetables of your choice! Enjoy!
The Best Recipe for Banquet Chicken and Dumplings in health advantages
Banquet chicken and dumplings are a tasty and healthy option that you can enjoy any time of the year. The combination of chicken, vegetables, and dumplings creates a balanced meal that is full of vitamins and minerals. Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein and essential amino acids while vegetables provide plenty of vitamins and minerals. Dumplings are low in fat and high in complex carbohydrates, making them a great choice for those trying to manage their weight.
When it comes to health benefits, this meal is full of them. Chicken is rich in iron, which helps your body make red blood cells. It’s also packed with B vitamins, which help keep your energy levels up. The vegetables add fiber and antioxidants, which can help boost your immune system. As for the dumplings, they contain whole grains, which can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Overall, the banquet chicken and dumplings recipe is a delicious and healthy option that you can enjoy at any time. The combination of lean protein, essential vitamins, minerals, and whole grains makes it a nutrient-packed meal that will leave you feeling energized and satisfied.
Banquet Chicken and Dumplings is a classic dish that is sure to please all of your family and friends. It’s very easy to make and can be served as a side dish or a main course. With the right recipe and some simple tips, you can make an incredible meal that everyone will enjoy. Whether you’re making it for a special occasion or just a Sunday dinner, you won’t be disappointed with this delicious dish. So, don’t wait any longer, get in the kitchen and start cooking the best recipe for Banquet Chicken and Dumplings!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Que (1) What is the secret to good dumplings?
Ans :- There are a few key factors that can contribute to making good dumplings:
Use the right dough: The dough for dumplings should be soft and pliable, but not too sticky. You can use a store-bought dumpling wrapper or make your own using flour, water, and a little salt.
Fill the dumplings properly: The filling for dumplings should be flavorful and evenly distributed within the wrapper. Avoid overfilling the dumplings, as this can cause them to burst open during cooking.
Seal the dumplings properly: It’s important to seal the dumplings properly to prevent them from falling apart during cooking. You can seal them by folding the wrapper in half, pinching the edges together, or pleating the edges.
Cook the dumplings properly: Depending on the type of dumpling you’re making, you’ll need to choose the right cooking method. Boiled dumplings should be gently placed in boiling water and simmered until they float to the surface, while pan-fried dumplings should be cooked in hot oil until they are golden brown on both sides.
Experiment with different flavors: Don’t be afraid to try different fillings and seasonings to give your dumplings unique flavors. You can use a wide range of ingredients, from meat and vegetables to seafood and herbs.
Que (2) What can I add to my chicken and dumplings to make it thicker?
Ans :- There are a few different options you can try to thicken your chicken and dumplings
- Cornstarch: Mix a small amount of cornstarch with an equal amount of cold water to create a slurry, then stir it into the chicken and dumpling mixture.
- Flour: Mix together equal parts flour and cold water to create a paste, then stir it into the chicken and dumpling mixture.
- Egg: Beat an egg and stir it into the chicken and dumpling mixture.
Instant mashed potatoes: Add a small amount of instant mashed potatoes to the chicken and dumpling mixture to give it a thicker consistency.
- Pureed vegetables: You can also try pureeing vegetables such as carrots, peas, or potatoes and stirring them into the chicken and dumpling mixture to add thickness and nutrition.
- Keep in mind that adding any of these thickeners will also change the flavor of the dish slightly. Experiment with different amounts and combinations to find the right balance of thickness and taste for your liking.
Que (3) What oil is best for cooking dumplings?
Ans :- There are many types of oil that can be used for cooking dumplings, and the best choice will depend on your personal taste and dietary needs. Some options to consider include:
- Vegetable oil: This is a versatile option that has a neutral flavor and a high smoke point, making it suitable for high-heat cooking methods like frying.
- Peanut oil: This oil has a nutty flavor and a high smoke point, making it a good choice for frying dumplings. It’s also a popular choice in many Asian cuisines.
- Sesame oil: This oil has a strong, nutty flavor and is often used in small amounts to add flavor to dishes. It has a relatively low smoke point, so it’s best used for stir-frying or adding flavor to sauces rather than deep-frying.
- Olive oil: This oil has a distinct, flavorful taste and is a good choice for dumplings that will be baked or pan-fried rather than deep-fried.
- Ultimately, the best oil for cooking dumplings will depend on your personal preferences and the specific recipe you’re using. Experiment with different oils to find the one that you like best.